Every school we work with is different so every training package is different.
You might want to book a staff meeting or a five year platinum package.
Below is an outline of the training we can deliver so lets talk about a combination that would work for you. Email us at email@example.com
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07939 456941
- P4C Plus – modular course in person or online – an approach to teaching and learning based on philosophical inquiry. It shows teachers how to teach through dialogue, facilitate student-led inquiries and get to know the students better. – accredited by DialogueWorks… P4C Plus is fun: students and teachers love it!
- Level One Philosophy for Children – Two day course or equivalent online, certificated by Sapere
- A-Z Thinking Moves – Metacognition training accredited by DialogueWorks
Our thinking ability is what makes us distinctively human. Yet we have no generally accepted approach to teaching thinking – and no common vocabulary to describe different ways of thinking. This, when you think about it, is extraordinary. Imagine trying to teach or learn maths if we did not have commonly accepted terms such as add, subtract, multiply and divide. Thinking Moves A – Z provides a vocabulary for thinking.
- Thinking in Nature – comprehensive whole school guidance on how to integrate food growing, wildlife planting and the values of permaculture into your curriculum. Delivered at your school or at a woodland site in Broadbottom, Tameside, Greater Manchester.
- Practice Development Days which include Mentoring, Example lessons, Observations, Twilight training, Curriculum Development and Assessment Data Gathering.
- Platinum Package – a flexible package which is designed specifically for each school over a number of years – we would recommend one Two Day course followed by tailored support days every half term to fully embed P4C into the school. This package is designed to enable schools to become completely self-sufficient in philosophy for children and philosophical teaching, ensuring that they are able to continue in their P4C journey regardless of staff changes, policy or curriculum changes. If you would like to speak to other Platinum schools before you commit – please let us know.
Thank you for a terrific course. Definitely opened up my thinking which I will take into my classroom.Manchester Teacher, April 2019